Great richness but great line and balance. We imagine drinking this wine with hard local cheeses, the cheese is optional. We hope you enjoy this wine as much as we did making it.
Calvary Hill produces real depth - diving-bell like depth.
And there is that classic Barossa dark, salted chocolate aroma and flavour. Cinnamon, nutmeg, liqueured chocolate, but all bound by cloak of savouriness.
The fruit heft is perfectly balanced by keen acidity, providing overarching structure. Indeed, this is an organised wine, with architectural qualities.
A corridor, velvet lined, with a hidden secret door. And all as if unadorned by oak. Barossa purity.
Click here for Tasting Note
- China Wine & Spirits Awards 2020 – Double Gold Medal
- China Wine & Spirits Awards Best Value 2020 – Gold Medal
- The Real Review, Aaron Brasher - 93 Points, Top Value Rating
- Deep, dark, purple and youthful in the glass. Dark-fruited aromas: plum, mulberry, dark cherry, Asian spice, cola and vanilla. Flavours of liquored plum, Christmas pudding, vanilla, cherry cola and spice. It’s full and rich, plush, polished and very nicely balanced, tannins are evident and generous and shape the wine and provide structure and mouth-feel.
- Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition 2020 - Gold Medal, 90 Points
- Critics International Wine Challenge (USA) 2019 – Silver Medal
- San Diego International Wine & Spirits Challenge 2020 – Silver Medal
- China Wine & Spirits Awards 2019 – Silver Medal